Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Laughter in Poetry

As some of you know I nanny. This and raising support to serve overseas wear on me sometimes. My mother growing up always read us poetry and these are two of the poems that come to mind when I get stressed to make me laugh.

"O what shall I do
O what shall I do
This book is 42 years overdue
I'd admit that it's mine
But I can't pay the fine
Should I turn it in
Or hide it again
O what shall I do
O what shall I do"

and

"There are too many kids in this tub
There's too many elbows to scrub
I just washed a behind
I'm sure it wasn't mine
Oh there are too many kids in this tub!"

1 comment:

*g* said...

I'll definitely say hi to Whitney for you.

I really only have 1 blog, though it looks like I have a lot more. The one you commented on is the only one I update.