Monday, February 8, 2010

Blessed

Wow, I am in awe that the Father allowed my parents to visit even though it was only for 4 days. My time in Thailand was also blessed a lot more than I expected. I am teaching 18 hours this week but created the lesson plans already. It was really neat to allow my father to be able to see my work and get to be a part of it.

Today I have been down a little as to be expected. I foolishly forget all the sacrifices my parents make for me and how blessed I truly am. My theme for the next two months is blessed. I am trying to focus on the positive instead of the negative.

I might not have a camera but my dad took a lot of pictures and so I have several.

Hopefully my students will bring pictures on thursday for their notecards.

I have a bad cough but my Lao friend went with me to the "clinic" and I got some medicine today. It has helped a little but maybe I am just being ambitious.

I stayed at the Lao school for awhile today b/c I did not want to be alone and they were all really sweet for me as I wrote my lesson plans. Thanks guys!

Lastly, I like quotes one of my favorites is by Emily Dickinson "If I can stop one heart from breaking, or ease ones pain or help a fainting robin unto his nest again I shall not live in vain."

I like to write so here is a take off of that poem as it relates to my life in Laos.
"If I can help one person
to befriend the father
or loosen their chains
of sins past
I know my impact for him will last
but I alone cannot intercede
For it is his strength that carries me
And I am thankful for the strength from him in those around me
The hands, arms, and legs
The body
I ask the father to do his work in me
May I be fruitful
In order to bless thee
For a life gained
Far outweighs the cost
O father
Help me to be lost
Lost in thee
so that I may bring you all the glory
All the glory
If I can show one person his love
And bring a bit of heaven inside ye
I shall not live in vain
I shall not live in vain."


No comments: