Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Birthday Wish

Birthday's come and go but life doesn't it continues on. Birthday's mark the beginning of someones existence and how our world wouldn't be the same without them. Our Father has allowed me and you to live through various things and probably even some things we don't realize. The world is all about connecting but the way that people choose to connect sometimes bothers me.

In class we were talking about quantity versus the quality of time. We live in a quantitative world (at least those of us in the US). I have one hour to give you, thirty minutes we don't know how to be anywhere but we know how to be everywhere.

I am so thankful for friends who understand quality time and want to be with me. I am thankful for friends all over the world. People don't realize that sometimes their presence is the greatest present they can give, to be present and live in the moment. I know it is easier said than done.

Tonight I get to talk to some Lao friends and see their faces. I planned this several weeks ago and they agreed. Who could have a better present but friends who take time for them. I ask you to think about the story you are telling people instead of the one you are writing((resumes, things that make us look good(sometimes enjoyable sometimes not) ) what cause do these further self fame? worth or Christ?

I challenge you instead of just writing another Happy Birthday on my facebook wall, sending me a text or email to write what a difference I have made in your life. What if we all did this for one another? In celebration of another life that God continues to allow to go on .Don't make it harder than it is. Doesn't have to be super personal or profound. It maybe as simple as "riding with me to _____, meeting to compare and talk about class answers, taking time to have lunch, asking me about____, Again they don't have to be super personal you never know who reads this and if you prefer to send a message, email it or text it to me that is okay. Are you up for my challenge? Not just me but for your close friends or even those you want to get to know. I am challenging myself to do the same for my new year's resolution to show that there is always more than meets the eye you never know what your words will mean. If nothing else just put a hug symbol. Yes hugs and time are my love languages.

p.s.- some of you have already done this and that is what gave me the idea. If you are not up for the challenge I am not offended. A lot of your lives show your love just thought I'd try to be the difference I want to show.

1 comment:

mmg said...

Dearest Kathryn,

The difference you have made in my life is watching your faith, even as a little girl. Your spirit shines so brightly! The words I use to describe you are warm, fun, honest, vulnerable, kind, faith-filled, adventuresome, and lover of Jesus. I can tell He is your best friend:) Keep shining; never stop shining for the Lord, Kathryn. This life is way too short to concern ourselves with what others think about us or doesn't think about us. Jesus loves you dearly, and I love you dearly with his love.

Happy Birthday!!

Melody