Friday, July 20, 2012

In the midst of fire God eventually always provides rain


Two weeks ago I began a new chapter of my life. I have set off for my Master's in teaching. It is always hard to do new things that cause one to be challenged. This past year has been a really hard year of transition and loneliness at times. I have sometimes felt like such an outsider but the Lord continues to teach me through so many things and use me in so many ways. He continues to answer prayers and quiet my fears as I turn to him.

Some days I feel inadequate. How can I do this? What have I gotten myself into? Will it be just as lonely in school as last year? How will I start over making friends? Questions boggle my mind but today I must reminded myself the Lord provides....

First-Friends don't happen overnight and in an intense class I was afraid that no one would talk to me and at first really no one did, but then one kind soul, and remember that's all it takes is one talked.  I didn't have the opportunity to sit next to her for a few days and drifted like the vagabond that I am constantly reminded this earth is not my home, trying to remind myself that everyone was stressed about school work and just trying to get everything done, but even a question or a silly remark would have been nice. Since then we have had 3 simple conversations, one completely through text but I'll take what I can get.

Secondly-This same person is a believer and I asked her if she would be interested in having a bible study at the school we will be at next year to which she replied someone else had asked so I emailed her. We still haven't talked but there is hope of it happening. I don't want to micromanage and I want people to feel involved so we will see what happens.

Thirdly- I am low on money and really need to make a budget. I didn't get any of the scholarships I applied for but still feel called to get my Masters. I won a $50 Wal-Mart gift card in the mail today! Oh how he provides and friends keep offering to pay for my meals, super humbling. I am so blessed to have made some really good friends during a difficult transition.

Fourth- As I struggle to catch up to all the growing technology in society and advances in education necessary to teach on top of trying to fit in may the Lord provide me with a clear mind that easily understands complex things so I can spend more time focusing on Him. I have been trying to be diligent about memorizing scripture lately which hopefully will pay off in the future.

If you think about it be praying for 1. friendships in my MAT program 2. Bible study details 3. Finances 4. Clarity of thought for school classes, rest, diligence with time and Him!

Just want to thank those who still take the time out to read this! It means a lot!

1 comment:

Amy Beth said...

Love you and praying for you and LOOKING FORWARD to your return!