Thursday, March 31, 2011

Right and Wrong

So I think a lot about these things and struggle with similarities and differences. Right now the stage of life I am in has so many possibilities but also feels so limited if only I knew the RIGHT possibility. The most glorifying one to my Father but I don't. I screw up daily and the burden wages on me. Why aren't things in his word more black and white? It is because he cares about his creation He wants us to be able to trust in Him on our own just as I want my students to trust that I have their best interest in mind and am okay with them questioning things if it means that they have further understanding of the subject to which they are studying.

As I was reading today about grace and mercy(click here) and trying to remember the difference I came across this revelation. We can have grace even if we are good but mercy only comes after having done something wrong. Grace has nothing to do with our actions and everything to do with His but mercy has everything to do with our actions and then his forgiveness.Mercy is more me focused where Grace is more Father centered, at least that is what I understood.

Today I also watched something that really got me thinking. It is so easy to be legalistic and have all or nothing but that is not how our Father sees things He gives us choices because He trust us. It's okay to have or do things as long as they never overcome our love or replace our love for Him. He will protect us if we listen and follow Him. Even those that don't know Him can sometimes say or do profound things. As long as I am not rewriting His word and cautious as I proceed with things in life He will take care of me no matter how hard the road ahead seems He knows me better than I will ever know myself and in His hands tonight I rest.

No comments: