Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh Language

Just when I thought things were going to slow down I am teaching 19 hours this week but next week I have a breather and hopefully a house by then. We will see. Tonight I went and ate Kowpiak by myself for dinner(its one of many yummy noodle soups). Anyways it was pretty loud outside and the two girls next to me were talking I couldnt tell if it was Lao or English but I pretended I understood sort of a dangerous fun game where you are listening and counter -answering(is that a word?)It made me think of A Tale of Two Cities. I love that book! At one point two people are arguing with each other in different languages so the whole thing gets pretty misconstrude. I thought hmm...how often that might happen here and what a funny thing language is!

No comments: