Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quiet Whisper

So I went into the teacher's office today and found out that M is getting married christmas day. Christmas will never be the same here. I think holidays are the hardest. She is my closest teaching friend so I will go. Last year I had to teach. This year a wedding. They celebrate many holidays but this is one of the few that is not so important to them. I guess I have to give up trying to make things something they are not.

I am also really poor b/c I cannot find my debit card I have searched everywhere even gone previous places I have been to no avail. I hope to be able to find it somewhere in our house but we will see.

Today the teachers teased me again they poined to N who is pregnant and told me that I look the same as she does sometimes I can take it better than other days. It's been a rough three weeks but the Father is good.

I have been reading first kings and today I read one of my favorite verses He was not in wind or fire but a gentle whisper. I feel that way right now He is my calmer, redeemer and friend. Although fires may consume and winds blow all around me He is my quiet whisper that keeps me sane.

No comments: