Monday, January 16, 2012

Dreams

Awh How I miss Laos somedays and the laughter of innocence. During one teacher workshop my first year teaching a lady was teaching on Martin Luther King Jr. and dreams, granted she was also breaking up the lesson so that the Lao could teach it if they like. Anyways, I was discussing together with two other teachers about their dreams and how they could accomplish them. One of the teachers said "Kat, Oh I have lots of dreams and wonderful things that I think about but I mean I just could never do what he did." I turned to her and said "Why not?" She looked at me as if why was I asking the most ignorant question of all times and head jerk backed said "Duh, he was a king!" I giggled a little but tried not to too much before explaining that that was his last name. She found that so odd. Thankfully both of these teachers spoke great English so I could clear it up a little. The things we never think about until they happen, such easy misunderstandings.

Martin Luther King Jr. may not have been a king but he was a wise man. "Like anybody, I, would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now.I just want to do God's will." He understood that although he was not a King he served a greater King, the King of All Kings. We may not be queens, kings, princesses, or princes but we are in some ways because we are all God's children. He loved and created each and everyone of us for his pleasure and glory. As it talks about in Philippians 4:13 we can do all things because he gives us the strength too. Don't give up on dreams just make sure that they are not just your dreams but also the dreams he has for you. For God's plans are not man's plans(Isaiah 55:8, Proverbs 16:9) but he has far better things out there.

No comments: