Sunday, January 8, 2012

God's so Creative

For those of you who known me long enough you know I have always had an obsession with colors, believe that everything is somehow connected and has meaning, but I cannot always connect the dots but God can.

As I have been reading Isaiah over break I have been reminded of what a creative God we serve. He is many things Sustainer, Teacher, Friend, etc..but how often do we say creative. I mean we know he created everything, is both concrete and abstract, is the "I am" but creative as in thinks outside the box. Creative as in connects things and gives them meaning. Creative as in goes before and does things in a way that others aren't willing to try. Yeah, He's the most creative being alive!

Isaiah 1:18-Did you know that scarlet and crimson are dyes that both come from the coccus ilicis? This worm climbs a tree, lays eggs, then coats itself with reddish liquid killing itself and sealing it's offspring so that when they are born they can feed off of its body. Wow! The foreshadowing of Christ in his creation. Amazing! Read this article to know more Insects:Incredible and Inspirational


Isaiah 54:11-12 -Did you also know that sapphire is often used to describe heaven or more accurately lapis lazuli which means intensely blue. One article I read said "Stones in themselves have no power, but they do speak of the power and glory of our God."

So true- what do we reflect? We ourselves have no power but we can hope that the light shining through us reflects the power of Christ.

Isaiah 41-Even the trees he chooses to use have significance- the cypress, myrtle, olive and fir are all almost impossible to kill some because of their roots, some because of their cones or seeds but represent the everlasting one.

Then there is acacia which literally means cries or expels water only our King can truly satisfy our thirst. There is so much more ingenious displayed in his word and I am sure that I don't even know the half of it, but I know there is always more to learn from Him.

Today I am so thankful for a God who cares about the little things and is big enough to conquer even them. He cares about what interest us whether it be sports or painting, writing or sleeping, etcetera and he covers all grounds. He is truly amazing, patient and creative filled with a love that only He can give. Thank you for dying for me, loving me as I am and accepting me as your flawed daughter. May I never quit learning from your examples Lord!

1 comment:

Amy Beth said...

Love reading your thoughts, sweet friend! I miss having conversations with you about colors!