Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bittersweet Days

Today I am super sad. You see the tree in the picture, well that tree is gone. It has been gone for awhile due to construction but now they took away two others. I'm such a tree hugger! I mean what can possibly be so important that we don't need trees anymore. Sufficating in the mess being created.

Today I am also starting to tutor a Chinese Doctorate student. She is really sweet but pulled an Asian idea of time on me. LOL! We were suppose to meet at 12:40 for lunch and then I would leave around 1:30 to go to class but at 12:40 she called me and said "No, I'm not here." "Where are you?" I asked. She said "In my office working what time will we meet?" Trying not to be impatient I wanted to say "Um duh hello now!" but supressing my frustration I said " Well, I thought we were going to meet now?" Her response "Oh well I am busy can we meet after lunch?" Me "Well, that won't work for me I have class till 3:30 (which ended up letting out early) How about 4pm?" "Okay" then we discussed where.

So it has just been one of those days worthy of laughs. Two hours of time today I could have waisted today but you know then again rather than being frustrated I choose to use some of it to pray. Thank you Father for giving me pain so that I can see your pain. Thank you God for frustration that keeps me on my toes and reminds me of my own flaws. Thanks for friends and families to pray for but most of all thank you for this time of being no matter how many emotions rummage through my head I know that you are more important than anything on this earth I could love. Thank you for loving me and accepting me as the wretch I am. Thank you!

1 comment:

Amy Beth said...

So sad about the tree. But so funny about Asian time! Good thing you were already (somewhat) used to it :)