Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Labor Day!

Today I walked in Race for a child and walked about a 15 minute mile(total 5k). I am so out of shape..haha. My two goals were to make it in under 45 and to not be last. I made it in 44 minutes and may have been close but wasn't last. I was suprised at how many people I knew there. I now see what a social thing it is. I am trying to get back into shape before I hit Laos humidity. This summer we have had the best weather ever. Im going to miss such cool days. Today it was perfect for running. It was foggy and cool. I have to keep it up hopefully I'll get in a routine in Laos.

Im amazed and saddened at how many places are open today. Maybe it is because of the economy but still it is a holiday. People should be spending time with family and resting not working-geeze.

-Im trying to get everything packed. Something I stink at.

-Attempting to not worry and finish a few letters(mostly thank you notes)

-Making a zillion lists and wondering hmm..what am I actually going to get done? Im getting better at realistic goals but still sometimes my imagination and creativity get the best of me. Anyone else feel that way?

1 comment:

Suz said...

The packing part always is the worst for me... I just seem to make piles and never quite get the stuff in the suitcase- ha, ha. I'll be remembering all you have to do in these crazy days before you leave. Thanks for your encouraging e-mails!!