Friday, September 25, 2009

Dewey

Well, a friend of mine told me I should update my blog. I have been here only about a week and a half and already things are crazy. Tonight I get a cord, then I have to organize my students gifts, go with someone to get sihns(Lao skirts), help someone move in for two weeks so yeah.

Anyways, back to the main subject. I gained a little weight this summer eating American food. Well, of course that is the first thing many Lao people have pointed out. I failed to think about my sihns so I put one on higher making it too short. Well, all the SP teachers who consider me family teased me, but then I had to go to the market with M. Thankfully, she covered for me. I love how no one else was allowed to tease me or say anything but all she said in Lao was dont say anything I got it mostly with just glares. Then we had a huge meal where I joined them after unsuccessfully trying to gain some hours. It was so fun. I learned to make jeo king. Its a ginger sauce. Although I am tired and still trying to work many things out I am thankful that already this year is so much better than last. Next week I start teaching 8 weeks and then a midterm. Lets see how that works out. Keep me in your thoughts.

No comments: